Monday, February 7, 2011

Mixed Feelings

Joel is coming home again.  He is currently packing and cleaning out his room at RM House.  He will be leaving Vancouver around suppertime and coming home for the rest of the week.  Part of me is so excited that he is coming home.  But part of me is disappointed since his counts aren't coming up and his treatment has to be postponed.  This is normal and it happens to all the kids going through chemo but it is hard to live in limbo.
At the beginning of February I wrote out all his treatment dates and if he never had to wait for his counts to come up, he would be finished the intensive part of treatment in October.  After that he still has 3 years of once a month chemo.  Maybe I put too much hope into those dates.  It is typical of me, I like to know what is going to happen and when.
Joel will have blood work done again on Friday.  If his counts have come up, then treatment will start again on Tuesday, February 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment