Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thursday

Thursday Joel had blood work done at 9:00 am.  It showed that his platelet count had dropped and was too low for getting chemo that day.  He was told that he would have to stay in Vancouver and have blood work done again Monday morning.  He will get vincristine no matter what on Monday, if his platelet counts have come up then he will also get the methotrexate.  Then he will get the peg-aspariginase on Tuesday and head home.
He had a CT scan at 10:00 am and a check up with Dr. Dix.  David said that the scan shows that the clot is breaking down and there is now very good blood flow thru it.
At 1:00 pm he had more blood work done to check the level of blood thinner.
At 2:00 pm we met with the radiologist who gave us much more information than I can remember.  She did promise to write it all out and give us a copy next week.  So I will write more information about that when I have her notes in front of me.  I think Joel was a little shocked by what she said.  He was hoping that when this was all said and done that he could just move on with his life and forget about it all.  But the fact is that he will have to be checked and monitored every few years for the rest of his life.  I guess I will just keep reading and researching.
Grant and Joel spent the day at Kits beach on Friday, on Saturday they were given tickets to the BC Lions game.  Today they are hanging out on the beach at Stanley Park.
Today is Grants Birthday and he is 45.  Five whole years older than me……. I remind him of that as often as possible.  He thought no one would find out but a little birdie told Connie and she organized cake, presents and made sure everyone in the house knew.  I don't think he will ever forgive me…..

No comments:

Post a Comment